Melbourne Spoken Word is an emerging community run arts organisation set up to celebrate, promote and unite the thriving organic live spoken word and poetry community in our city. We draw attention and promote the city’s network of performances, readings, open mics, slams and workshops through a gig guide, email list and social media presence, as well as host our events, touring poets, running the Melbourne Spoken Word & Poetry Festival and The Melbourne Spoken Word Prize.
Melbourne Spoken Word lists and promotes any event within Victoria that’s primary focus is on the spoken word.
- 2021 XYZ Prize Winner: Megan J. Riedl’s ‘Single White Female.’
- The 2020 XYZ Prize for Innovation in Spoken Word Winners : Eloise Grills and Jaslyn Robertson
- Melbourne Spoken Word to host spoken word festival online in 2020
- Morgaine van Wingerden / The Waitlist
- Miss Yankey / The Rose That Never Grew
- Thabani Tshuma – No Strings (MSW Prize 2019)
- The 2019 XYZ Prize for Innovation in Spoken Word winner: Fable Goldsmith and Rae White
- Fragility Disguised: Interview With Rania Ahmed
- A Waffle On with Waffle IronGirl
- Addicted to the feeling of feelings: Interview with Thabani Tshuma
- Deciding where you stand: Interview with Stephanie Dogfoot
- Untangling my mess of emotions into something simple: Interview with Natalie Jeffreys